Southern Living Plant Collection Blueberry, Down Home Harvest Bless Your Heart 2 gallon
The Bless Your Heart Rabbiteye Blueberry is a fantastic new blueberry bush from the Southern Living Plant Collection’s DownHome Harvest Edible Collection! Bless Your Heart produces large bounties of medium-sized, firm blueberries rich in flavor and antioxidants! This s an early-blooming variety. Expect it to be heavily coated in petite bell-shaped white flowers. The Bless Your Heart Rabbiteye Blueberry is of the variety Vaccinium ashei ‘Alapaha,’ and generally requires about 450-500 chill hours. This breed is characterized by early ripening fruit, which generally occurs in late May to early June. One of the best aspects of this Blueberry is its controlled, upright growth habit that matures to 4-5’ H x 3-4’ W. Therefore, it’s easy to work into any size of landscape! Rabbiteye Blueberries produce more fruit when they can cross-pollinate with other varieties.
- USDA zones 7a-9b
- Mature Size- 4-5 feet high x 3-4 feet wide
- Recommended Spacing – 36 inches
- Used in containers, and landscapes
- Full sun to partial shade
- Deciduous- foliage loss in winter and new growth in spring
- Blooms white flowers in spring
- Ships dormant winter through early spring
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 10-14 inches
Tip: Be careful not to plant them too deeply. The root ball should be just below the surface (one-quarter to one-half inch).
- Dig holes twice as wide and twice as deep as the roots of the plant.
- Space bushes 3-4 feet apart in a row, with at least 8 feet between rows.
- Set the bush in the hole with the root ball just below the surface and its roots spread out. Pack the hole tightly with soil.