Encore Azalea Autumn Debutante Shrub
$21.99 – $46.99
The Autumn Debutante is an intermediate-sized Encore Azalea that produces a great show of soft-pink single form blooms with a splash of dark pink freckles down the throat in spring summer and fall. The beautiful blooms contrast nicely against the dark lustrous green foliage. The Autumn Debutante is cold hardy down to USDA zone 6b. Encore Azaleas are known for their ability to tolerate full sun better than traditional azaleas, so make sure to plant them in a location that will receive 4-6 hours of direct sunlight, with some shade during the afternoon heat. Autumn Debutante is great for planting in the landscape or in container gardens and will perform best in slightly acidic well-drained garden soil!
- USDA zones 6-10
- Mature size 48″ W x 48″ H
- Low Maintenance
- Evergreen – Year round interest
- Partial sun; Blooms spring, summer, and fall
- Used in containers, landscapes, and as accents
- Recommended spacing 36 inches
- Botanical Name: Autumn Debutante® Rhododendron ‘Roblel’ PP16278
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 1g 10-12 inches, 2g 14-16 inches, 3g 18-20 inches
– Turn the soil well and dig a hole twice as wide as it is deep.
– Mix some organic material with some soil. Put a little bit of this mixture into the hole.
– Remove the azalea from its container and loosen the root ball lightly with your fingers.
– Set the plant into your prepared hole, making sure the top of the root ball is slightly above soil level. Make sure the root ball is moist.
– Pull the soil around the plant, water thoroughly and cover with mulch.