Encore Azalea Autumn Embers Shrub
$21.99 – $74.99
Bringing the quality reblooming nature and reliable growth habit you’ve come to expect from this collection, the Autumn Embers Encore Azalea is a true landscape gem!
The Autumn Embers has rich orange-red blooms. This Encore features a huge initial bloom in spring and then reblooms through summer and fall (and beyond in particularly warm climates). The blooms will keep on coming, with no deadheading required.
Additionally, the Autumn Embers trademark orange-red blooms sit atop shiny green foliage that remains evergreen all year long. New foliage emerges a gorgeous light green in spring before maturing to a glossy dark green.
This orange-red blooming azalea was bred for its cold hardiness and chosen for its naturally rounded growth habit.
The Autumn Embers Encore Azalea reaches 3′ H and 3.5′ W, making it a great choice for a low-maintenance hedge or border.
The Encore Ember makes a fantastic accent, foundation plant, or mass planting. Furthermore, the compact growth habit of the Encore Azalea Autumn Ember truly shines in a container garden.
- USDA zones 6-10
- Mature size 42″ W x 36″ H
- Evergreen – Year round interest
- Low Maintenance
- Partial sun; Blooms spring, summer, and fall
- Used in containers, landscapes, and as accents
- Recommended spacing 36-42 inches
- Botanical Name: Autumn Embers™ Rhododendron ‘Conleb’
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 1g 10-12 inches, 2g 14-16 inches, 3g 18-20 inches 5g 22-24 inches
– Turn the soil well and dig a hole twice as wide as it is deep.
– Mix some organic material with some soil. Put a little bit of this mixture into the hole.
– Remove the azalea from its container and loosen the root ball lightly with your fingers.
– Set the plant into your prepared hole, making sure the top of the root ball is slightly above soil level. Make sure the root ball is moist.
– Pull the soil around the plant, water thoroughly and cover with mulch.