Southern Living Plant Collection Fig, Little Miss Figgy
The new Little Miss Figgy Dwarf Fig from the Southern Living Plants is a winning addition to any landscape or garden! Figs are one of those fruits that you need to grow to fully appreciate. This is because figs only last a few days after being picked, making them difficult to keep fresh.
If you plant the Little Miss Figgy Dwarf Fig, you’ll find yourself laden every year with delicious dark purple figs with rich strawberry-red centers. This fruit is smooth and delightfully sweet, and you’ll get to enjoy it in both spring, as well as fall. In addition, figs are fantastic for your health, as they are high in fiber, and contain magnesium, copper, potassium, and calcium.
Furthermore, dark green leaves with deep lobes attract attention even when this shrub lacks fruit. Use it as an eye-catching accent, a fantastically textured low-hedge, or a unique mass planting.
- USDA zones 7a-10b
- Mature Size- 4-8 feet high x 3-4 feet wide
- Recommended Spacing – 36 inches
- Used in landscapes, and accents
- Full sun to partial shade
- Deciduous- foliage loss in winter and new growth in spring
- Produces fruit in spring
- Botanical name- DownHome Harvest® ‘Little Miss Figgy’ Fig Ficus carica ‘Little Miss Figgy’ PP27929
- Ships dormant winter through early spring
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 10-14 inches
- Water before planting
- Plant in full sun to part shade
- Dig hole 2X the width of pot
- Plant 1-2″ above ground soil level, backfill hole with soil
- Water deeply to settle, then add more soil if needed
- Mulch 1-2″ deep around plant, avoiding area closest to stem