Plant your daylily roots in average well-drained soil in a sun to part sun location. Flowers appear on stems and last just 1 day, hence the name daylily. Snap or cut off spent blooms at the stem to promote re-blooming. Deadheading is the key to abundant blooms as it keeps the daylily from putting energy into seed production. Once all the blooms on a stem are finished, you may cut back the stem to keep your plant looking tidy. Pollinator favorites, hummingbirds and butterflies are frequent visitors.
Southern Living Plant Collection Stella De Oro Daylily Perennial Plant 1 Gallon
Stella de Oro re-blooming daylily brightens up the summer days with ruffle-edged, bell-shaped golden flowers. At 10 in. to 12 in. tall they are a perfect addition to a perennial bed, or along a path or border.
- USDA zones 3-9
- Mature size 10-12″ W x 10-12″ H
- Full sun to part shade
- Deciduous – Foliage loss in winter and new growth in spring
- Plant in the spring, summer, or fall
- Low maintenance
- Plants ship dormant winter through early spring
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 1g 12-18 inches