• Water before planting • Plant in full sun to part shade • Dig hole 2X the width of pot • Plant 1-2″ above ground soil level, backfill hole with soil • Water deeply to settle, then add more soil if needed • Mulch 1-2″ deep around plant, avoiding area closest to stem
Southern Living Plant Collection Colocasia Royal Hawaiian ‘Waikiki’ Perennial (2.6 Quart)
Waikiki foliage is dazzling with deep-green, glossy foliage that appears to have been sprinkled with white markings. One thing no one will be able to miss is the eye-catching vivid pink veins throughout each elephant ear leaf. The veins are formed when the back of each leaf change from purple to green, creating a purple dot in the center that will eventually flow into the veins. Expect fully mature plants to reach a very manageable 3′ tall x 3′ wide when grown in adequate conditions. Full-sun, partial-sun, and semi-shade are all acceptable light levels as these are native to tropical climates! Bright sun and moist soil are BEST in humid climates. Container gardens, borders and in mass are all great uses for this tropical beauty!
- USDA zones 7-11
- Mature size 36 inches W x 36 inches H
- Full-sun, partial-sun, and semi-shade are all acceptable light levels
- Used in containers, landscapes, and as accents
- Recommended spacing 36 inches
- Botanical Name: Royal Hawaiian® ‘Waikiki’ Colocasia esculenta ‘Waikiki’ PP34615
- Average shipping height – 1g 10-14 inches
Out of stock
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?