Encore Azalea Autumn Empress Shrub
$21.99 – $46.99
The Autumn Empress Encore Azalea promises to bring bounties of beautiful blooms to your landscape and/or garden! The Autumn Empress produces rich semi-double, pink blooms that have a delicately ruffled appearance to them. Blooms first appear in spring in an impressive display. Afterward, this Encore Azalea will continue the show by reblooming in summer and fall.
The eye-catching pink azalea blossoms rest atop shimmering vivid green foliage. New growth emerges a bright green before maturing to a deep green.
The Autumn Empress Encore Azalea is an intermediate sized Encore Azalea, and reaches a mature size of 4′ H x 3′ W.
Try this pink blooming azalea as a foundation planting, accent, border, hedge, or container plant. However you use it, you really can’t go wrong!
This variety is naturally compact, with a rounded growth habit. Therefore, pruning is traditionally unnecessary with this low-maintenance variety.
- USDA zones 6-10
- Mature size 36″ W x 48″ H
- Low Maintenance
- Evergreen – Year round interest
- Partial sun; Blooms spring, summer, and fall
- Used in containers, landscapes, and as accents
- Recommended spacing 36 inches
- Botanical Name: Autumn Empress™ Rhododendron ‘Conles’
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 1g 10-12 inches, 2g 14-16 inches 3g 16-18 inches
– Turn the soil well and dig a hole twice as wide as it is deep.
– Mix some organic material with some soil. Put a little bit of this mixture into the hole.
– Remove the azalea from its container and loosen the root ball lightly with your fingers.
– Set the plant into your prepared hole, making sure the top of the root ball is slightly above soil level. Make sure the root ball is moist.
– Pull the soil around the plant, water thoroughly and cover with mulch.