Southern Living Plant Collection Blueberry, Down Home Harvest For Heaven’s Sake 2 gallon
This vigorous upright rabbiteye blueberry produces large bounties of delicious late-season light-blue blueberries that range from medium to large. These berries are notably firm with fantastic flavor. Expect it to be covered in small bell-shaped white flowers in late spring. This shrub has a controlled upright growth habit that matures to 4-5′ H x 3-4′ W. Its leaves are blueish-green with purple-red hues in fall. This variety is characterized by early ripening, late flowering, and a moderate chilling requirement (600-650 hours); which helps ward off damage from late frosts and results in high yields of quality fruit.
- USDA zones 6-9
- Mature Size- 4-5 feet high x 3-4 feet wide
- Recommended Spacing – 36 inches
- Used in containers, and landscapes
- Full sun to partial shade
- Deciduous- foliage loss in winter and new growth in spring
- Blooms white flowers in spring
- Ships dormant winter through early spring
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 10-14 inches
Tip: Be careful not to plant them too deeply. The root ball should be just below the surface (one-quarter to one-half inch).
- Dig holes twice as wide and twice as deep as the roots of the plant.
- Space bushes 3-4 feet apart in a row, with at least 8 feet between rows.
- Set the bush in the hole with the root ball just below the surface and its roots spread out. Pack the hole tightly with soil.