– Mix some organic material with some soil. Put a little bit of this mixture into the hole.
– Remove the azalea from its container and loosen the root ball lightly with your fingers.
– Set the plant into your prepared hole, making sure the top of the root ball is slightly above soil level. Make sure the root ball is moist.
– Pull the soil around the plant, water thoroughly and cover with mulch.
Encore Azalea Autumn Sundance Shrub (1 Gallon)
The Autumn Sundance from the Encore Azalea collection is a brilliant re-bloomer boasting deep fuchsia-pink blooms in spring, summer, and fall. This evergreen shrub has lush green new foliage in spring that matured to a deep dark green that bronzes to a deep purple in winter that adds interest to the winter landscape. The Autumn Sundance has a neat and compact dwarf growth habit that is very easy to maintain with minimal pruning. Use this azalea in your landscape or garden as a specimen, accent, low hedge or foundation. This Azalea is also great for planting in large pots either in a mixed container or a standalone. Plant your Encore Azalea in slightly acidic well-drained garden soil in an area that receives full to part sun for best bloom performance and fertilize in spring with a slow release granular fertilizer to keep the blooms coming all season long!
- USDA zones 6-10
- Mature size 48″ W x 42″ H
- Low Maintenance
- Evergreen – Year round interest
- Partial sun; Blooms spring, summer, and fall
- Used in containers, landscapes, and as accents
- Recommended spacing 48 inches
- Botanical Name: Autumn Sundance® Rhododendron ‘Roblef’ PP16184
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 1g 10-12 inches