– Turn the soil well and dig a hole twice as wide as it is deep.
– Mix some organic material with some soil. Put a little bit of this mixture into the hole.
– Remove the azalea from its container and loosen the root ball lightly with your fingers.
– Set the plant into your prepared hole, making sure the top of the root ball is slightly above soil level. Make sure the root ball is moist.
– Pull the soil around the plant, water thoroughly and cover with mulch.
Encore Azalea Autumn Lilac Shrub
$21.99 – $46.99
The Autumn Lilac has rich lavender blooms with dark purple flecks in the throat of the flower. This Encore features a huge initial bloom in spring and then reblooms through summer and fall (and beyond in particularly warm climates). The blooms will keep on coming, with no deadheading required.
Additionally, the Autumn Lilac’s trademark soft purple blooms sit atop shiny green foliage that remains evergreen all year long. New foliage emerges a gorgeous light green in spring before maturing to a glossy dark green.
This purple blooming azalea was bred for its cold hardiness and chosen for its naturally rounded growth habit.
The Autumn Lilac Encore Azalea reaches 3′ H and 3.5′ W, making it a great choice for a low-maintenance hedge or border.
The Encore Lilac makes a fantastic accent, foundation plant, or mass planting. Furthermore, the compact growth habit of the Encore Azalea Autumn Lilac truly shines in a container garden.
- USDA zones 6a-10b
- Mature size- 3 feet H x 3.5 feet W
- Evergreen – Year round interest
- Low Maintenance
- Partial sun; Blooms spring, summer, and fall
- Used in containers, landscapes, and as accents
- Recommended spacing 36-42 inches
- Botanical Name: Autumn Lilac® Rhododendron ‘Robles’ PP22762
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 1g 10-12 inches, 2g 14-16 inches, 3g 18-20 inches