• Water before planting
• Plant in full sun to part shade
• Dig hole 3X the width of pot
• Backfill and plant 1″-2″ above soil level
• Water and add more soil if needed
• Mulch plants
Proven Winners Barberry Sunjoy Mini Maroon Shrub 2 Gallon
Finally, a colorful, care-free barberry that won’t make a nuisance of itself: Sunjoy Mini Maroon®. Sunjoy Mini Maroon barberry offers sumptuously deep purple-red foliage on a dense, nicely shaped mound. It needs no pruning to stay small and lush, and like all barberry, it is highly resistant to damage from deer and rabbits. And it does it all without producing the seeds which have made other varieties so problematic. Simply put, it’s a better choice!
Top reasons to plant Sunjoy Mini Maroon barberry:
– Non-invasive, unlike other types of barberry.
– Deep purple-red foliage from spring through frost
– One of the most deer resistant and easy-care plants.
- USDA zones 4-8
- Mature size 36″ W x 36″ H
- Full sun to partial shade
- Deciduous – Foliage loss in winter and new growth in spring
- Used in containers, landscapes and as accents
- Low maintenance
- Recommended spacing 36 inches
- Botanical Name – Berberis thunbergii
- Ships dormant winter through early spring
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 12-16 inches