Palm, European Fan
$48.99 – $119.99
The European Fan Palm Tree displays beautiful lush silvery-green to yellow fronds that are fanned out and held upon small, curved trunks. Those clusters form together to create long dramatic, tropical leaves. New growth shows itself in clusters of new yellow blooms, then grows slowly to form the beautiful crowns of the tree. In addition to its beauty and low-maintenance the European Fan Palm Tree is also drought tolerant and hardy down to 20 degree (F). Lastly, these trees are versatile in landscapes and containers alike, so you can enjoy the feeling of the tropics as a focal point of your yard or enjoy it in a great planter on your porch so you can bring it inside when temperatures get too low. European Fan Palm Trees grow very slowly, but they dazzle throughout their growth into majestic palm trees.
- USDA zones 8-11
- Mature Size – 10-15 feet H and 6-10 feet W
- Recommended Spacing – 72 inches
- Uses – Accent Plant, Focal Plant, Specimen Plant, Landscape Plant, Container Planting, Privacy Screen
- Light Needs – Partial Sun-Full Sun (4-6 hours daily)
- Average shipping height – 10″ container 24-28 inches, and 14″ container 32-36 inches
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
– Turn the soil well and dig a hole twice as wide as it is deep.
– Mix some organic material with some soil. Put a little bit of this mixture into the hole.
– Remove the palm from its container and loosen the root ball lightly with your fingers.
– Set the plant into your prepared hole. Make sure the root ball is moist.
– Pull the soil around the plant, water thoroughly.