- Dig a hole one and a half times wider than the container the plant came in.
- Remove the plant from the container.
- Roughen the plant from the container.
- Center the plant in the hole, keeping the plant vertical.
- Top of root ball should be level with the surrounding soil surface. This may require adding back some soil.
- Fill in around the roots with soil, and then firmly tamp down.
- Water your plant thoroughly. Refill with soil if necessary, then water again.
- Add 2-3 inches of mulch around the base of the plant, keeping away from the plant stem.
FIRST EDITIONS Purple Magic Crape Myrtle 3 Gallon
Blooming in early summer with dark purple flowers, this dense shrub form of crape myrtle fits in the landscape where taller crape myrtles do not. The new growth has a reddish tint and eventually matures to glossy green, setting off the rich purple flowers. Like the other Magic crape myrtles, Purple Magic will bloom again in late summer if the first flush of flowers are deadheaded. It is also highly resistant to leaf spot and powdery mildew.
- USDA zones 7-9
- Mature size 84-96″ W x 84-96″ H
- Full sun to partial shade
- Deciduous – Foliage loss in winter and new growth in spring
- Used in landscapes, and as accents
- Recommended spacing 84 inches
- Botanical Name – PURPLE MAGIC CRAPEMYRTLE LAGERSTROEMIA ‘PURPLE MAGIC’ PP23,906
- Low maintenance
- Ships dormant winter through early spring
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 3g 18-20 inches
We needed to replace two of our old, dead crape myrtles so we ordered two of these. They came with some blooms and once we planted and watered them well they really bloomed! Beautiful purple blooms lasted well into fall, can’t wait until they bloom back up this summer
Doris V. –
Very impressed!! Tree arrived intact due to great packaging. Followed the included directions for planting and after a few days she already has some new growth. Can’t wait for her to mature and bloom.